WHAT IS HYDROTHERAPY
Hydrotherapy, also known as aquatic physiotherapy, involves water-based exercises inside a heated pool. It is an effective way of managing various conditions such as back pain, arthritis, or sporting injuries, and is also very effective for post-surgical rehabilitation.
The water provides a near-weightless environment, reducing the amount of impact on the joints. By taking advantage of warmth and buoyancy of the water, this allows individuals to increase muscle strength, stability and balance through exercise, thus helping to improve mobility and function with less pain or discomfort.
We offer hour long sessions weekly, in small groups. These classes are run and supervised by our very own therapists to ensure you are performing the exercises safely and effectively. Patients do not need to be able to swim in order to benefit from hydrotherapy.
An initial assessment will be conducted to ensure you are suitable for hydrotherapy so that the therapist can customize a program with the appropriate exercises designed for your specific needs.
BENEFITS OF HYDROTHERAPY
- The warmth of the water allows relaxation and decreased muscle spasm
- Joints feel supported by the water and the warmth also helps reduce the pain
- The water provides resistance during exercise to help increase muscle strength and endurance
- The hydrostatic pressure of the water helps reduce swelling
- Enhanced balance and stabilisation due to the body acting against the water's buoyancy and resistance.
- Improved confidence and enjoyment in moving
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or is interested in having your very own hydrotherapy program!
Timetable for Hydrotherapy
Wednesday 2:00pm - 3:00pm